Monday, April 28, 2008




Well I think I'm finally ready for Oxfordshire Artweeks which starts this Saturday. I'm sharing a studio with a mosaic artist in the village and we decided to open from 12-6pm every day. It seemed like a good idea 6 months ago but I've a funny feeling that the family are going to be deserted over the week and will have to fend for themselves.


I've got about 11 pieces framed and ready, together with any number of cards, so I hope someone buys something! I know it's mainly people who want to see what people consider 'art' and just what their neighbour gets up to!! Anything that will help people to understand that 'embroidery' is no longer cross stitch tablecloths (although they have their rightful place) has got to be good. If I can get a few visitors to the Oxford branch of the Embroiderers' Guild, even better.





Anyway this is a close up of a piece I finally finished yesterday. I tend to have two or three on the go at a time. They sit around my workroom while I tweak a bit here and there, or undo something I've already tweaked. But this one is definitely finished. So's the one at the top.

1 comment:

Genie said...

Good Luck, Love the colours on your finished piece.