Saturday, February 23, 2008



Some time ago I spent a while drawing architectural features and loved some of the rococo shapes I found there. I went back through my sketchbook afterwards and painted over with some koh i noor paints, just choosing the colours I like.



Then I tried to reproduce the left hand page using sheers and water soluble paper. I burnt back the sheers with a hot air gun and dissolved some but not all of the water soluble paper using the same koh i noor paints. I have to admit it didn't really work and it sat on my desk for ages until I unearthed it again last weekend during my big clear up.


This time I put it on black felt and did some machine couching and hand stitching around and I'm quite pleased with the finished effect.


Here's a close up

2 comments:

Becky Mairi Farrell said...

Lovely. And your initial sketches are beautiful too. What kind of paints are those? Not heard of them before.

Debbi Baker said...

Hi Amanda - I love the result and it was really interesting reading your inspiration and art process! Beautiful and vibrant, the black background really sets it off!