Wednesday, February 20, 2008



Half term! Actually it's going quite well, no big fall outs (yet). I managed to spend the afternoon in my workroom on Sunday while husband and no 2 child went to play rehersal. I'm so pleased with the results of my tidying up - 3 hours of it! - that I might just post a picture.


Had a lovely parcel arrive yesterday from Fibrecrafts. I only ordered this on Sunday! Daughter rubbed her hands with glee and announced she would be using my embellisher this week! I really want her to love embroidery and textiles as I do so I will probably let her.

Also managed a few hours yesterday evening when everyone was out/busy. I painted some brown paper (I use those acrilyic tester pots from DIY shops) a few weeks ago and have spent some time tearing it and laying it here and there and finally sat down to sew on it yesterday. I'm quite pleased with the results although I lay awake for a few hours last night with ideas for
improving it niggling at me.

2 comments:

liz said...

What lovely coloured fibres you got:) I don't blame your daughter for wanting to have a go.
I like your brown paper piece.

Becky Mairi Farrell said...

I love your sewn paper. Is it a journal cover?