Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Time has flown past and it's a few weeks since I last posted. I've been busy catching up on the swaps that got missed during Artweeks and I'm really pleased that I've only got one more to do and I'm not late with it either. I've had several of the African Arts quilties in from the Embellisher Group. I won't post pictures in until they're all here. I plan to attach them together in some way and hang them from my workroom wall.






Which is just what I've done with the white on white quilties for Lenna Andrews' swap. Unfortunately because they're white they don't photograph too well, but I've done my best to show you the wonderful stitching and textures in them - only two of the four because the photos just don't come out.

As well as the African Arts swaps I've done the complementary colours, cupcakes, recycled fabrics and another I can't remember. I've also received this wonderful tag from Eileen (that's the last thing I've got to do).

I signed up yesterday to do Dale Rollerson's 6 week online embellisher course. I always enjoys Dale's blog and came across this course which starts next week by chance. The exchange rate is still so good that it was great value and I'm looking forward to learning lots. Thank goodness it starts after half term finishes; the weather has been so awful that the children have been tied to the house. We've seen the new Indiana Jones (Harrison Ford just gets hunkier), been ice skating, done mosaics, etc, etc, and we're only half way through.

2 comments:

Becky Mairi Farrell said...

You've done amazingly well to catch up on all those swaps! I don't know if you tried this, but you may get better photos of the white quilties if you take them without flash and then turn them black and white and increase the dark levels. I'm looking forward to seeing all your African quilties sewn together. I'm planning to do the same, but probably not for a couple of months.

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

Thanks for passing by my blog,glad you enjoyed the exhibition at Wantage.
Best Wishes
Maggie