Sunday, May 11, 2008

Well, we've got to the last day and I'm on a real high! Couldn't sleep last night. We had a really slow week, Thursday we only had 5 visitors which was very depressing. Friday was much better and I made my first 'big' sale - ie an embroidery rather than just cards or sketchbooks. I was so thrilled! Then a neighbour came in and oohed and aahed over another picture and wants to come back today to discuss a commission!!!!

However, yesterday was my big day - sold FOUR more pictures. One is even going back with its new owner to Canada. It's such a wonderful thrill to know that complete strangers (and some friends) are prepared to pay money for something you've worked for. It's just a great confirmation that I am producing 'art' that means something to other people, not just me.

Lots of local people I know came and made the usual comments 'I didn't know you did this'! I'm sure there are so many people out there hiding their light under a bushel and Artweeks is such a good way to show what you do. It can be a very lonely business otherwise. Now I'm looking forward to having the chance to visit other people, once today's finished. I'm so grateful to Debbie for letting me use her studio in such a fabulous place.

3 comments:

Genie said...

Congratulations, Keep up thr good work.

Unknown said...

Well done Amanda anyone would love to own a piece of your work.

Becky Mairi Farrell said...

Just wanted to add my congratulations here too. It's a scary thing to put your work out there and, in a way, put it to the test. We who know your art could have all told you that it's beautiful but there's nothing like a sale (or 5!) to have that really validated. Well done, and here's to many more :)