Friday, July 11, 2008


Very very busy at the moment but had another 'high' yesterday. Remember the commission I got as a result of Oxfordshire Art Weeks? I really didn't know what Jane wanted, her tastes, etc, all I had was a colour scheme. So I produced five pieces for her to look at and - guess what - she wanted three of them!!



This was one (sorry about the flash), which I had been quite pleased with. My usual mixture of fabric and paper.


I was using Jane's curtains for the basis of the colour scheme - cream with turquoise, baby pink, orange and red. My tendency was to miss out the cream and go for the other colours but I was aware that perhaps she wanted something more 'airy' to reflect the curtains. However, not at all - she wanted 'wow' factor; something to catch the eye as you walk into the kitchen. This one on the right was the 'airy' one which I was pleased with - it was machine embroidered onto layers of clear plastic, doesn't show too well in the photo unfortunately.



I was also really thrilled to be invited to join a group exhibiting at the West Ox Arts group in spring 2010 (not 2009 as I originally thought). Seems quite a long way away at the moment, but I know it will come along quickly.

2 comments:

coral-seas said...

Congratulations, Amanda, it must feel very rewarding to have sold 3 of the designs. Is the airy one stitched on the plastic from Kathleen Laurel Sage?

CA

Ro Bruhn said...

ooooh the colour of the flowers in the first picture are divine, I love the way you've created this and also the piece in your previous post. Thanks for your comments too.