Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I've now finished the quilties swap 'Shades of White' that Lenna Andrews has been organising. This was harder than I thought - and doesn't photograph well! Still I'm quite pleased with what I've done and will get four 6" square quilties off to Lenna in the morning.

I've used old lace (of course) some white cotton with seeding on it to break up the whiteness a little and, on all four, a section from something I did years ago with Val Campbell-Harding and found in my box! We cut strips of different white fabrics - lace, velvet, cotton, cord, everything we had, then sewed them together with zigzag stitch. Then we cut the rough square we had made diagonally, moved everything around and re-stitched, again with zigzag. Cut a different diagonal, moved all the strips around again and re-stitched and kept on doing this until we were left with very small triangles. It made a really interesting fabric and I'm delighted that I've been able to use it. I knew there was a good reason not to 'de-clutter' my workroom!




Had number two child at home feeling ill all day so I've spent part of the day playing games, doing jigsaws, etc and also managed to get an hour to paint some more brown paper. I've just finished one piece based on Hinterwasser (?)'s circles and was rather pleased with it - all painted papers and silks. I do love machining on brown paper. So I decided to do more while I was in the mood. Hopefully I'll get them all dry and finished this evening ready to do some machining tomorrow.

4 comments:

Becky Mairi Farrell said...

I love brown paper too. Looking forward to seeing what you're doing with it.

Doreen G said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Doreen G said...

Your quilts are lovely Amanda--and thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment on my blog.

ewa-christine said...

Hello again
Yes "white" is my "passion" and I was very fond of those white "swap" you have done. Have you more???
And thanks for you "call" on my blogg. I am so new in this bloggworld, and my english is not so good, but I´l try....
Have a good day and please let me se your white blocks.....