Friday, November 9, 2007

I had a marvellous time on Wednesday - we went up to town early and wandered down the Embankment. Stopped for a lunch and to watch the boats going past then over Blackfriar Bridge and along the Strand. Joseph was wonderful, only slightly spoiled for me by learning that the small girl behind me knew the words to all the songs! Very sweet I'm sure, but extremely irritating for those of us who wanted to hear the stage performance.


Anyway, I've finished my pins for the UK Embellisher swap. Will get them posted out either later today or tomorrow. I made them from some wonderful coloured wool top that I bought at Ally Pally. I wish I could remember which stand it was so that I could get some more.
Tomorrow I'm off to a Guild organised workshop doing Faded Frescoes with Jan Evans. Some hand stitching will be a nice change. Lucky me, two days out in a week!


3 comments:

Becky Mairi Farrell said...

These pins are gorgeous, such lovely vibrant colours. If you remember where you got the wool tops do let me know!

Unknown said...

Love these brooches Lynne simple style and great colours.

liz said...

I love my pin, thanks Amanda:) They look really gorgeous all together, don't they?