Tuesday, November 6, 2007



Haven't had much 'me' time recently; spending all my spare time with the other job and catching up on a list as long as my arm on things that need doing around the house. So yesterday I cleared out the barn, today I painted the window boxes and re-filled them and took two old TVs and an old computer to the tip. I feel good - and totally as though I deserve my day off tomorrow when a friend and I are off to London to see Joseph! We saw The Sound of Music back in January and had a ball, so we booked another trip.




Anyway I have managed to finish my notebook cover for the UK Embellisher group. I was quite pleased with this. I did a background of torn up papers stuck onto a piece of old sheeting. I then splashed paint all over it and put a layer of acrilyic wax on it (I love the stuff). This idea was all from one of the Cloth Paper Scissors e-mails, one of Beryl Taylor's suggestions I think. Then stitched some pieces of organza over. Finally, made a piece of fabric using the embellisher and cut a heart shape out of it and stitched that on. Only thing is I'm not sure just how durable it will be. But it looks quite nice.


I'm also putting my earth, wind, fire and water cards in the post to Ula. Still have a long list of things left to do and Artweeks hanging over me. Still, May's a long way away (!)

3 comments:

Julie said...

Beautiful book cover Amanda. Clever you!

liz said...

Wow, that notebook looks great. What is acrylic wax?

Amanda said...

Thanks for your comments, glad you like it. Acrylic wax is wonderful stuff - you can buy it from Art Van Go. It looks like PVA glue and you paint it on in the same way. When it dries it is clear and gives a lovely 'waxed' look. Brilliant on paper obviously.