Wednesday, October 17, 2007


Going away next week with the children for half term so I've been busy catching up on my swaps. Finished doing Earth, Wind, Fire and Water for ATC Mixed Media UK group and felt very pleased with myself then realised I'd got muddled and this one didn't need sending out for another month! Then had a mad panic doing 4 Seasons for the Embellisher group which I must get out before Saturday. Anyway, they're done but I didn't find it easy at all. These are summer and autumn but the colours of autumn have been a little lost by the flash.
I've also made my pages for my Frances Pickering type sketchbook for the holiday, all blues and yellows (and yes, a little bit of green mixed in!) but can't get the cover right. I used Brusho again, as I did for the pages, but there must be something in the pelmet vilene that doesn't like it much because it dried nearly purple! Will have to have another go this evening. I'm going to take that together with Koh i Nor paints, pencils, etc and a canvaswork cushion I've been doing for ages. Can't go away without some sewing! I'll leave the quilt I've been working on, it's too bulky to take although I rather fancy sitting in the sunshine while the children play in the pool quilting quietly. That's if we get any sun.

1 comment:

Kate Henderson said...

Love the elements cards you've done. Hope I get yours in the swap.
Kate.